A festival is a great place to let your hair down and have some fun in the outdoors. that said it’s no reason not to look your best and keep your beauty game on point. With the Gidi Culture Festival just around the corner, MUA Debola Falana knows all about beauty and shares some great tips to keep you looking fresh (and hot but in a good way!).
1. Clean supple skin is the foundation.
2. Make sure you moisturize with an SPF moisturizer on a clean face as you will be in the sun for long periods of time.
3. Use a primer to minimize oil production (for oily and combination skin people).
4. A tinted moisturizer is ideal for minimal coverage, as you want to keep your pores/skin as breathable as possible. Remember, the environment would most likely be very hot and dusty. If you have a bit more to cover up, use a concealer to hide any discolored areas of your face, then go over with a tinted moisturizer or a light foundation.
5. Highlight your eyes with a thin line of liquid liner and some mascara, or you can go without the liquid liner for a cleaner look. For a bit more pizazz you can play around with coloured mascara and/or liners.
6. Bronze, bronze, bronze. Hit the peaks of your face with your favorite bronzer or highlighter. Cheek bones, forehead, bridge of nose, jaw line. Remember, fresh glowy skin is what we are aiming for.
7. For paler complexions, feel free to dust a bit of light rosy blush over the apples of your cheeks.
8. Lastly, pop on your favorite lip-gloss and hit the road.
Tips – carry along your sunscreen as you may sweat and need to reapply. Blotting paper or a small hand towel is also good to help with oil and sweat. And a bottle of refreshing rose water will do the trick to cool you down whenever you get too hot.
by Debola Falana
Refreshed by Fayrouz and sponsored by GCFest, promoting festival culture!
Photos – Getty/Jonathan Leibson, Ed Carrasco