Hello hotties, a couple of days ago we started the journey to killer abs with a two stage strategy. I hope you found those routines useful as we continue to the next and only thing between you and killer abs like mine;
Stage Two: Target Abdominal Muscles.
Most people skip stage one programs and move swiftly to stage two, please ‘surulere’ (patience is rewarding). Some whack gym instructors and trainers teach this heresy to their students telling them that the seat up bench is all they need to get abs. If you have started your stage one programs your body should be in good shape to begin stage two. Stage one programs should be combined with stage two programs. There are so many programs out there that target the abdominal muscles, here are my favorites:
• Normal Plank: Doing programs rightly yield better and quicker results. To do this right, support your weight in a press-up position with your elbows and the tip of your toes. Ensure that your fore-arm is inclined at 90˚ with your biceps. Inhale deeply and harden your core for thirty seconds holding still, exhale and rest for 30 seconds. Do 5 sets.
• Plank Crunches: Support your body weight in press up position, start by moving your right knee towards your right elbow, this can only be done by folding the knee forward, repeat for left knee and elbow. Do 5 sets of 10 repetitions for each leg. Plank Crunches help define lower abdominal muscles (v-lines).
• Abdominal Roller: You will need a roller designed for abdominal workout to do this. Hold roller with both hands and kneel on the floor. With both hands, roll forward till your body is stretched out; suspend yourself in this stretched position for three seconds. Roll backward towards yourself and repeat accordingly. Do 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
2. LEG RAISE
• 90˚ Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back with both palms placed behind your head. Raise legs from 0 to 90˚ till your feet point towards the ceiling; return legs to starting position without touching the ground. Repeat accordingly with 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
• 180˚ Leg Raise with Ball: You will need a soccer sized ball or a slightly smaller ball to do this. Place ball between legs and lie flat on your back with hands stretched beyond your head in line with your body. Raise legs with ball by 180˚, reaching hands where you will drop the ball and return legs to starting position without your legs touching the floor. Repeat Leg movement using legs to collect the ball from hands. This circle will be counted as one and should be done 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
• Suspended Leg Raise: An even bar is required for this programme. Suspend your body weight from bar with two hands slightly stretched apart. Raise legs till your lower body is perpendicular to your upper body. Return to starting position and repeat accordingly for 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
• Normal Crunch: Finally, the famous crunches are here. Lie flat on your back with both palms behind your head. Raise your lower body such that your thighs and calves are inclined at 90˚. In this position, pull your upper body towards your knees and return to starting position without your back touching the floor. Do 5 sets 0f 10 repetitions.
• Bicycle Crunch: The bicycle crunch requires same starting position as with normal crunch except that for the first round the left leg is placed above the right leg which is already in the 90˚ position as seen in normal crunch. To do a bicycle crunch, raise your right elbow towards your left knee and do same for left elbow and right knee, switching the leg positions. This combined movement should be counted as one. Do 5 sets of 10 repetitions.
• Head Raise: Lie flat on your back with legs stretched out in line with your upper body and palms behind your head. In this position, raise your upper body off the floor. You will only be able to raise your head and shoulders. Do 5 sets of 10 reps.
Remember the strategy; you must first burn overlaying fat to expose abdominal muscles before these defining programs can yield results. A secret to developing quick abs is working all your body muscles concurrently but as Babylon wasn’t built in a day, this strategy will be a perfect start for you. So it’s a rap, you should do more research on abdominal routines you can add to your program. Programs are better demonstrated visually hence consult a nearby fitness trainer. See contacts below for guided recommendations for fitness trainers, swim coaches and massage therapists.